
I am very particular about what Logan drinks, and he only drinks milk and water on a regular basis. When he was first starting table foods, I tried to give him some apple juice a couple of times but he did not like it. So, I asked his doctor about it, and he said there is no need for Logan to drink juice at all- especially since he loves fruit and gets several servings a day! So, I decided he would have milk and water only.
Fast forward to New Year's Eve... we were at our friends Meredith & Lance's house, and their daughter Laney and Heather & Tim's daughter Savannah (who are both around age 3) were drinking out of juice boxes. Meredith asked me if I wanted one for Logan, and I said that he did not like juice. Well, I was completely wrong because he kept picking up Laney and Savannah's leftover boxes and trying to drink it. Let's just say that e definitely knew what a juice box was and how to use it. Thank you, Parents Day Out! So, Meredith got him one (100% apple juice), and he gulped it down in under a minute.
Since then I have let him have apple juice a couple of times when it came with a meal at a restaurant, and only if it was 100% apple juice. Well, last Wednesday night I got out of class at 7 p.m. (an hour before scheduled!) and came home to Brian, Logan, and my wonderful in-laws who had brought Logan to our house because Brian was also going to be later than normal. They had picked up dinner for everyone, and Logan's meal came with a Capri Sun. Brian thought the was the same thing as the juice I let Logan have a few days before, so he poured it in his sippy cup. Logan was just finishing the Capri Sun when I walked in, and I said why is he drinking that sugary mess? Let me just say that about 30 minutes after he finished the drink, he was literally bouncing off the walls. I have never seen anything like it! He is always running and climbing without an extra 16 grams of sugar (yes, I checked the back of the drink!), but this was absolutely crazy. He was standing on top of the coffee table and repeatedly diving onto the couch. He usually goes to bed at 8 p.m, but let's just say that did not happen that night!
It was actually pretty funny, and Logan finally came down from his "sugar high" around 9 and went to bed. Moral of the story- no more Capri Suns (especially right before bedtime) for a long time!
Love this!!! Was laughing out loud!
ReplyDeleteAfter Ella's birthday party - I can TOTALLY see him jumping onto the couch :)