Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Logan is FOUR!

My sweet Logan turned FOUR on July 8! I know everyone says this, but it just goes by too fast. Here are his pictures over the years.  In my totally biased opinion, he is such a beautiful boy!


Logan has been very anxious to turn four, and he is somewhat obsessed with people's ages. He told me almost daily that EVERYONE else in his class was already 4, and he was the only one who was still 3. That's what happens when you have a July birthday! When he woke up on his actual birthday (which we had discussed for weeks), he kept saying, "Am I really 4?!"  He wants to know how old everyone is, and even introduced our entire family to our server at a restaurant last weekend by saying, I'm Logan and I'm 4; this is Grayson, and he's 1; this is Destin, and she's 32, and this is Brian, and he's 33.  I need to teach him not to tell my age!


Logan is very outgoing, and he makes a friend wherever he goes. If we go to the park or anywhere in public and there is someone remotely close to his age, he introduces himself and tries to play with him/her. I think these are qualities that will serve him well as he gets older!  Logan is also very admired by his little brother who has started calling him "La la." 

This spring we signed Logan up for soccer, and it was interesting. He liked it at first and even was fairly successful the 2nd game, but then the next games were just all silliness. I think maybe we started him too young.  He really wants to play baseball, so we will probably sign him up for t-ball next spring. He did look super cute in his soccer uniform though!




Logan is still a very good eater. I think the picture below was taken when he was eating his favorite meal of grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, and green peas.  At his four year old check-up Dr. S asked him his favorite food, and he said green peas. I thanked Logan for making me look good! He certainly eats his fair share of popsicles and other less-than-healthy foods, but I am grateful that he loves veggies.


In early June, Logan completed a week of swimming lessons, and he is now swimming like a fish! The class was five days of 30-minute sessions, and he cried the first two.  Even though he has always loved the water, he did not like having to put his whole face under. By Wednesday he was no longer crying, and by Friday he could swim the length of the pool. I am so proud of him! No more floaties are needed for this boy.



Logan's four year old check-up showed he is still off the charts for height and weight for his age, which again was no surprise! He was 3 feet, 8.5 inches tall, and he weighed about 48 pounds. He is wearing mostly size 5 in clothes and size 12 in shoes.


Logan is still very energetic and loves to run and play. He has a big imagination and could play Star Wars or Avengers for hours at a time. He is very strong-willed and somewhat dramatic, which I think can be attributed to his age and his genes (Ahem... his Dad!). Logan also has a very big heart, and he always gives hugs, kisses, and tell us he loves us (including his baby brother!).




We celebrated Logan's birthday Star Wars-style with lots of friends! This was the first time to invite friends from school, and Logan has a blast.



He could not wait until guests arrived to get on his water slide.

He was so excited to see cousin Kaylie!


Some of his school friends

Brennon is Logan's "best buddy" and he woke up asking me if Brennon was there yet!



Lots of little friends came!


Cousin Graham had a big time with Katelyn!



This sweet little brother slept through almost the entire party.


Here was the cute invitation designed by my very talented co-worker (who has his own Etsy shop)!

Logan, Happy 4th birthday. We love you more than words could every express, and we are so thankful that you are our son. Like I always tell you, you will always be my baby!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute birthday invitation! You are right...he is such a beautiful boy! Also, I love the comment about getting the dramatics from his dad...classic!

    ReplyDelete