Brian and I both work full-time, and Logan has spent most of his time with his Mimi (Brian's mom) during the week since I returned to work when he was 3 months old. When he was 6 months old, we started him at Christ Methodist Parents Day Out twice a week. We wanted to let him have some interaction with other children, and his Mimi needed a couple of days to herself since she works as a nurse on the weekends.
We had a great experience at Christ Methodist PDO and would highly recommend it! We love the teachers and other children at PDO, and Logan's favorite teachers were Ms. Beatrice and Ms. Alicia (but they are all great!). The Director, Amy Edwards, is very sweet and easy to work with. We loved it!
Last week, Logan started the Pre-K 2 year old class at St. Luke's Day School. So far, it has been awesome! We decided to move him because we wanted to give his Mimi more of a break during the week and we had heard great things about St. Luke's. He is now going three days a week, and he seems to be learning so much. They treat him like a big boy there- he sleeps on a nap mat, cannot use his pacifier during naps, etc. I think it will be really good for him! His lead teacher, Ms. Chara, is great. She gives Logan tough love in a way I never could!
On his second day there, he even used the POTTY! We have not even tried to potty train him yet because I think he is too young, but apparently he decided he wanted to go. Ms. Chara said that he came up to her and said, "poop, poop" (sorry for the graphic term--- it is what it is!), so she asked him if he wanted to potty and he said "YES!" I think it was a fluke because has not gone since, but he does request to sit on the potty regularly. Maybe they will do all of the hard work for us when the time comes!
Another reason we chose St. Luke's is because is offers a Kindergarten program that is a feeder for the U of M Campus School. If all goes according to plan, we will likely send Logan to the U of M Campus School for elementary school. I cannot believe I am even talking about that yet, but I feel like it will be here before we know it! Anyway, we are impressed with St. Luke's so far and glad he is in such a loving environment.
Speaking of a loving environment, Logan's cousin Kaylie is going to St. Luke's, too! Here is a picture of them pretending to go "night, night!"in Logan's bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment