Monday, July 30, 2012

Logan's 2 Year Check-Up

Last week, Logan had his 2-year old check-up, and Dr. Siegel said he is doing great! We know that he is, but it is always reassuring to hear from your doctor that he is growing and developing like he should.  Dr. S was impressed with Logan's vocabulary as well as his enjoyment of a variety of healthy foods!

Logan's weight was 36 pounds, and his height was 39 inches. Both of these are way off the growth charts for his age, especially his height! Dr. Siegel had them remeasure his height because he had grown so much since his 18 month check-up, but they were right the first time. My theory is they did not measure him properly at his 18 month check-up, but it is hard to tell. Either way, we have one tall boy! I have heard that the old wives tale for predicting adult height is to take the height at age 2 and double it. If that is the case, my sweet Logan will be 6 feet, 6 inches tall! I will be surprised if he makes it to that tall, but if he continues growing like he is now I am sure he will be at least as tall as his Daddy (6'3").  When he gets taller than me (5'6"), I will have to have him sit down in a chair when I need to have a serious conversation with him!  

Since I hate to post without a picture, here is Logan enjoying a chocolate donut (a rare treat) for breakfast.  He does not like to get his hands dirty, so he chose to just put his face into the donut instead. He is a cutie even covered in chocolate!


No comments:

Post a Comment