Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sweet Logan is 2!


Logan as a newborn. I thought he was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen, and I still do!


Logan on his 1st Birthday. To say he loved the cake would certainly be an understatement.

Now he is 2!

My sweet boy turned 2 on July 8!  My baby is growing up so fast.  He is talking up a storm, and I love listening to what he has to say!

We originally did not plan to have a party because we knew we would have just returned from California, we sold our house and have to be out by July 27, and Holly was expecting Baby Graham any day (more to come on that!).  But, at the last minute I decided I could not let the day go by without celebrating!  A few emails and text messages later, we had a party.  Logan had a great time and enjoyed playing with the other kiddos!


He was trying to figure out why everyone was singing!

Happy Birthday, sweet boy!

He loved the cake again this year, too!


He had some help from Kaylie, Jack Wilson, and Laney opening presents

Wow, a helicopter!

Laney checking out his loot!


The markers were a hit!

Logan pulling Luke in his wagon.  Luke turned one the day before!

Logan is still very active, and his favorite activities include running and screaming (happy screaming!), and running and screaming.  He certainly has his share of toddler tantrums, too, but that is expected from an energetic two-year old.  He is saying short sentences and adds more words to his vocabulary everyday.  He picks up on everything we say and will often repeat it later.  When we were in California, he took to ordering his own drinks- "I want some water, please." When they brought him water, he would then say, "I want some milk, please."  Oh well, at least he used his manners!  He is very polite and often says please and thank you unprompted.

We have his two year check-up next week, but Logan still appears to be very tall for his age.  My estimate is that he weighs 36 pounds and is about 3 feet tall.  We will see how close I am next week!  He is wearing 3T and 4T clothes, size 8 shoes, and a size 6 diaper.  He often wants to "potty" but he does not actually go.  My plan is not to try until I think he is absolutely ready!  However, size 6 diapers are the largest you can buy at regular stores so let's hope he does not outgrow them before he is ready to potty train!  He still eats a variety of foods, but he is picky at times.  Sometimes he will not eat anything on his plate while other times he eats everything.  He prefers fruit and veggies to meat, and his favorite things to eat is a "butter sandwich" or a "Dada Sandwich" which is peanut butter and jelly!

Logan is such a joy to be around.  He loves to run, play outside, watch his "movie" (Leap Frog Letter Factory), and read books.  Once he finds a book he likes, he wants me to read it at least 10 times in a row.  He is very loving and gives us "tight" hugs and kisses quite frequently!  He also loves "calling the kitty," jumping on his bed, pointing at airplanes flying in the sky, blowing bubbles, his cousin Kaylie "Kay, Kay," vacumming (oh, how he loves this!), and rocking before bedtime.  He is such a sweetheart, and we just love being his parents!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I remember getting a text with the pic of him wrapped up in the blanket when he was born! Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!

    ReplyDelete