Our first trip to the Zoo this year!
Logan is becoming such a big boy in every way. It is definitely bittersweet! He is such a sweetheart, and it is fun to see him growing up. But, time just flies as everyone says and I cannot believe he will be 3 years old in less than 3 months.
Logan's personality continues to be very outgoing. He never meets a stranger and talks constantly. He also notices everything- when I get something new (shirt, shoes, etc.); when anything construction/automotive/transportation related is remotely in his view; when something has changed in the house... you get the idea. Nothing gets by him! I think he gets it from his Aunt Holly- she is exactly the same way!
Logan's speech is expanding all of the time. He talks in full sentences and has for quite a while, and he uses expressions that we use like "That's weird" or "Unbelievable! {from his Dad when watching sports}. He is also very loving and gives frequent hugs, kisses, and I love yous. He tells me that I am his favorite girl and sometimes says I am his best friend. Have I mentioned how sweet he is?! He melts my heart on a daily basis!
Logan is wearing size 4T & 5 clothes, size 10 shoes, and is pretty much out of diapers. He weighs around 38 pounds, and I'm not sure about his exact height. He has not gained hardly any weight in a while, but I know he is getting taller because his fall/winter pants are too short. We started potty training a few weeks ago, and he caught on within a couple of days. We still put a diaper/pull up on him at night and for naps just in case. I dreaded potty training so much, but I think it went better than I expected because he is older and can communicate very well. For once I did not read any books or web sites for tips, and I just trusted my instincts not to put a lot of pressure on him. If he wants to wear a pull up for errands or a road trip, I let him. If he prefers his underwear, then that is what we do.
Logan & Graham in the wagon at the Zoo. They are such buddies already!
He is definitely ALL BOY! He loves tractors, excavators, garbage trucks, trains, firetrucks, bulldozers, crane trucks, motorcycles and the list goes on. He gets SO excited when he sees any of these. I should mention I had no idea what an excavator was before Logan taught me! Aunt Holly got him the book, "Good Night, Good Night Construction Site" in the fall, and that made his love for all things construction even stronger. When we go to Lowe's, we cannot get him off of the riding lawn mowers.
Logan loves school and is learning so much! He can pick out almost all of his letters on paper, knows dozens of songs, and even speaks a little Chinese (that I cannot understand!). I am so grateful for his teachers and that he is in a school that we love.
I am so proud of my sweet boy and love him so much!
Sweet cousins in the bath!
No comments:
Post a Comment