Aunt Holly's picture from St. George Island in early October. I think he is so beautiful.
Logan started the Pre-K 3 year old class at school in August (3 days a week), and he is continuing to thrive in that learning environment. He loves his teachers Mrs. Katie and Ms. Erica, and he is in a class of 12 students (some full-time and some part-time). Only three of those are boys, and he says his best friend in class is Brennan. He learned all of his letters last year, but this year he is learning one letter a week and a lot of other things to go with the letter. They are currently on the letter "H" which is fitting since Halloween falls this week. He comes home everyday with at least 3-4 activities in his folder for us to see. He is always proud of his work!
It is amazing how much Logan knows! He is truly a sponge, and he remembers everything. He also continues to notice everything, and you cannot get anything past him. Lately he has noticed my new eye shadow, which he told me he did not like. At lunch at Chick-Fil-A with Aunt Holly recently he kept staring at a lady at the table behind us. I repeatedly asked him to sit down and eat, but he kept staring at her. Finally he pointed at her and said, "Mommy, she doesn't have any eyebrows!" I was quite embarrassed, and Holly and I had to try to contain our laughter that he would say that out loud. It was true- the lady did not have any eyebrows. I was shocked he noticed something so detailed!
I have a code on my iPhone primarily to keep Logan out of it whenever I do not want him playing with it. This week he took my phone, typed in the code and unlocked it. I have never told him the code before, but I guess he has watched me and learned it. He did it several other times that day, and I changed the code that night! I think he is so smart!
Logan's imagination continues to grow as well. He is now completely into superheros, and we play superheros and bad guys all the time. He makes "shooter things" out of blocks, and he uses his "superpowers" to do whatever he wants. He also likes to play that he is the "Daddy" and I am the little girl he is taking to school. I have to sit in the pretend back seat while he buckles me in my pretend car seat, and then we drive to school and talk. He hugs me bye, and then comes to pick me up a few minutes later. When he gets to "school", he says "How did she do today?" and takes my hand to walk to the car. He does not leave out any detail!
Logan constantly wants to know how everything works or why something is the way it is. An apartment complex is being built near U of M, and we watch the progress on our car rides to school in the morning. One day Logan said he wanted to go up in that building, but how would he get up to the top? I told him they would probably build an elevator. He said, how will they build an elevator? I told him I did not know. His response- "Mommy, TELL ME!" So, I tried to explain how they would build one with my limited knowledge. I suppose I will one day wish for the time when Logan thought I had all of the answers!
We are so proud of our sweet boy, and we love watching him discover the world. He is loud, pretty much always runs (I don't think he knows how to walk), and he plays rough. But, he is also sweet and kind, and he is always curious and aware of the world around him. We would not want him any other way! We love you, sweet Logan!



No comments:
Post a Comment