Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Grayson- 8 months old


8 months old (2/12/14)


7 months old (1/12/14)

My sweet Grayson turned 8 months old on Feb. 12, and he is growing up so fast!  I continue to say that Grayson is the happiest baby because it is true.  He is so sweet and smiles all the time.  He has started playing with a lot of toys, and he always wants everyone else is holding.  Grayson especially loves playing with Logan's toys, even though Logan is not always willing to share!



Grayson can sit very well unassisted for long periods of time, and he loves to hold onto your hands and stand up.  He is not very interested in crawling, and I have a feeling he may skip it all together.  His legs are getting really strong, and he tries to take steps when holding on to my hands.  He does dive onto his tummy to get toys, so there may be hope for crawling yet!  I personally am not in any hurry to have another mobile little person in the house, so I am glad he is taking his time.

Grayson makes lots of sounds, including his most recent sound of "Mama!"  It was just as exciting the 2nd time around.  His favorite sounds to make are "Ga,Ga or "Dada," and he is constantly making a sound like a coffee grinder.  His giggle is probably one of the sweetest things I have ever heard.


Sweet brothers at the Memphis Botanic Garden

Watching Logan and Grayson begin to play together is awesome.  Grayson gives his biggest smiles to Logan, and he loves receiving attention from him.  Logan often tries to pick him up and hold him, and Grayson just goes with the flow even while being squeezed and flopped around.  In the mornings after Grayson wakes up, Logan often wants to get in Grayson's bed and play with him.  I don't mind it at all- especially if Brian is out of town.  It gives me time to get ready, and they are both happy.  Logan is such a sweet big brother to Grayson, and I love seeing them interact.  I hope they are always close!



Grayson loves his Daddy, too!

Grayson has started having repeat ear infections, and we are having a hard time getting rid of this last one.  Luckily, we have surgery for tubes set in a couple of weeks, and I am so ready for it to be here.  Even with all of his ear problems, Grayson is a pretty good sleeper.  He regularly sleeps all night (4-5 nights per week) from about 7:30 p.m.-6:00 a.m.  The nights he wakes up, I usually feed him and he goes back to sleep.  I know he is too old to be fed at night, but sometimes it is just the easiest thing to do!


Swinging at the Botanic Garden



Grayson's first "snow" (if you can call it that)


Grayson is eating all stage 2 baby foods, and he just started eating puffs.  I have started adding a couple of ounces of formula to his bottles during the day if needed, but he still nurses the rest of the time.  He wears size 4 diapers and mostly size 18-24 month clothes.  From our frequent doctor's appointments for ear infections, I know that he weighs 25 pounds.  While that is still large for an 8-month old, his weight gain has slowed significantly.  He has only gained a little over 1 pound since his 6-month check up.


I can never find matching socks because he is constantly losing them!

We love our sweet Grayson very much!  I told Brian last night that we did not know how much we needed Grayson in our family until he got here.  Now of course we would not know what to do without our sweet, smiling baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment