Logan officially turned 3 1/2 on January 8, and I truly cannot believe he is halfway to 4. Logan is still the same energetic, sweet boy that he has always been, but I am reminded everyday how quickly he is growing up.
Logan is continuing to expand his imagination and love for superheros. Our car rides to school and back now consist of me making up stories about Logan and his superhero friends. They typically start with, "Once upon a time, there was a little boy named Logan who LOVED superheros..." There is always an "All of a Sudden, the bad guy (insert name) shows up" involved in the story. I am often corrected in the midst of telling a story if I do not get it just right! Sometimes I grow weary of making up stories over and over, but then I glance at his face in the rear view mirror and keep going. He gets so excited, and that smile can just melt my heart in a second.

As previously mentioned, Logan is enjoying interacting with Grayson as he grows and changes. Logan loves taking Grayson's hands for patty-cake, and Grayson smiles from ear to ear. Grayson also giggles very loudly when Logan tickles him, and he is fascinated when Logan blows bubbles. Grayson will soon be on the move, and I will be interested to see how Logan reacts to Grayson getting into all of his toys!
Logan still gets into trouble and has to try and keep his behavior under control, but I think we have seen significant improvement over the past few months. He certainly still has many moments of misbehavior, but I think most of it is part of his age and figuring out limits and how to control his emotions. We all just do the best we can and hope that what we tell him is resonating and will be reapplied in his life as he grows up.
Logan has a personality than wins people over- at school, church, and everywhere we go. His teachers at church tell me that Logan answers all of the questions during Kid City in front of the class. I am so thankful for our church and school's commitment to teach Logan important truths from the Bible in an age-appropriate format.
I could not be more proud of my sweet Logan and the big boy he is becoming!
No comments:
Post a Comment