It has been too long since I have posted about my boys, and this is a long one!
Sweet boys playing in the snow in their PJ's before school. After 4 days off from school for ice the week of February 16th, we finally got a little bit of snow last week.
Logan - 4 1/2
Logan is learning so much in Junior K this year. He can write all of his letters, and they have also started learning some math. He can add small numbers easily, and can even add with larger numbers in the 100's. I also saw some subtraction worksheets last week. He is always asking me- "do you know how you make 9? 4+5 OR 8+1." Math has always been my favorite subject, but it was Brian's least favorite. We will have to see where our boys fall within that spectrum!
Also in Junior K they are learning some sight words. This week they are working on words that end in "og" and last week included words that end in "an." I am so thankful for his wonderful school and teachers! Since Logan has such a late birthday within the school year, we are going to hold him back and let him repeat Junior K again next year. He will have a different teacher since our school has two JK classes, and I think it will make him even more ready for Kindergarten! He is really smart and would probably do just fine, and his current teacher even tried to talk me into sending him forward to Kindergarten next year. But after much deliberation and talking with the School Director (who has 3 boys) and other Moms of older boys who I respect greatly, we have decided to let him have a little more time. Being younger may not matter as much now, but it may come into play closer to teenage years.
Something else Logan has learned a lot about recently is heaven. After his "Papa Coburn" got very sick and went to heaven, he has asked a ton of questions. When Daddy was on hospice care, I told Logan that the medicine was not working anymore to treat his cancer and that he would probably get to go to heaven and see Jesus soon. I was crying when I told him, and I also told him that I knew I would get to see my Daddy again in heaven because he has Jesus in his heart and I do too. So he understood that even though I was sad (and still am), Jesus promises made me feel better.
I stayed the next 9 days in McKenzie, and I would facetime or talk to Logan a couple of times a day when they were not there or staying in Bruceton with my Grandmother. He would always ask if Papa Coburn was in heaven yet each time we talked. The morning he passed away (one month ago today- February 3), Brian told him what happened before I talked to him. The first thing he asked me that morning is what I thought Papa Coburn was doing in heaven. I asked him what he thought, and he said, "running and playing with all of the new toys up there." I told him I hoped so because I knew he did not want to be laying in a bed anymore! Since then he has continually talked about heaven and Papa Coburn being there with Jesus. My mother-in-law got him a book called "Heaven is for Real for Kids." It has been so helpful for him and for me, and Logan wants to read it almost every night. I have always felt like children should not be shielded from death because it is part of life, and this book and all of our conversations have helped Logan to understand God's love for us and Jesus's sacrifice.
Logan is still very outgoing and never meets a stranger. We have always said that he makes a friend wherever he goes, and that still holds true today. At this shoe store last Saturday, he was introducing me to the "friend" he just made. He is also very inquisitive and is always asking questions about anything and everything. If I say a word that he does not know the meaning of, he will ask me immediately what it means. Then, he will even use it correctly. We are so proud of our sweet, smart boy!
Grayson- 20 months
Grayson turned 20 months old on February 12, and he is at such a fun age! It has been several months since I have done an update for him, and he is getting to be such a big boy. He says new words and phrases everyday. This morning he was in his high chair and said, "I want down, please." Everything is HIS- my Mommy, my pillow, my toy. He has also said "I did it!" and "What are you doing?" We think he is so very smart!
Grayson is not nearly the vegetable eater that Logan is/was, but we are working on it. His absolute favorite thing to eat is squeezie fruit, and he calls it "boosh." We do not really know why he calls it that, but now we all call it that including Logan. He would live on boosh alone if we let him! He does like green beans and salad, but not much else in the vegetable department. He loves meat and cheese and will also eat plenty of fruit.
Physically, Grayson is very tall just like his brother and Daddy. At his 18 month check-up, he was off the charts for height at 34 inches and in the 90% percentile for weight at 30 lbs, 4 oz. His big head was also off the charts, and he gets that from his Papa Coburn! He is running faster all the time, and he really wants to jump. He tries to jump off of things all the time, and he is starting to climb as well.
Grayson is just the sweetest boy! He is a snuggler and loves nothing more on most days than to sit in my lap, suck his thumb, and watch "Mo-Mo" (Micky Mouse). He just loves Mickey Mouse. He wakes up in the morning and says "Mo-Mo?" If we do not turn it on or acknowledge him, he will say "Toodles?" If you have watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, you know who Toodles is! We limit him watching it, but he really does love it. He also loves to give hugs and kisses, and we love to get them from him!
This Friday Grayson is getting his 2nd set of ear tubes, and they are also removing his adenoids. His 1st set of tubes came out and he started getting ear infections that he cannot get rid of. We think he will start talking even more once we get all of the fluid and infection off of his ears.
Logan is sweetest big brother to Grayson, and Grayson just loves Logan so much. They are starting to play together all the time. It is so much fun! Logan says, "Come on, Grayson," and Grayson just runs after him and laughs. Grayson tries to mimic everything Logan does, and they are always hugging and kissing each other. I pray that they will always be close and be a strong support system for each other. While they do get along most of the time, they sometimes fight like brothers do. If Logan does something to Grayson he does not like, Grayson is not afraid to hit back or even bite! Grayson will be one tough cookie. Yesterday I told Logan that Grayson will move out of PDO and into PK-2 next year which meant he may see him on the playground and/or in the gym at school. I asked Logan if he would let Grayson play with him and his friends, and he said, "as long as my friends don't hurt him." It just melted my heart!
My nephew Graham who is 2 1/2 also LOVES to play with Logan, and the feelings are mutual! When they get together, they are constantly bouncing off the walls and WILD. They have a big time playing superheros, Star Wars, and lots of other games. Jason and I decided this weekend that Grayson is officially one of them, too. Ever since the snow days last week, Grayson has really been playing more with Logan and when Graham is over he just joins in with them too. Garrett, who is almost 5 months old, will not be far behind. Who would have ever thought two girly-girls like Holly and me would have all boys? But, they are so much fun!
Brian and I are so very blessed by our sweet, sweet boys. We love watching them grow up and learn new things everyday!
No comments:
Post a Comment