Saturday, June 13, 2015

Happy 2nd Birthday, Grayson!

Grayson is TWO today, and I can hardly believe it. He still seems like a baby in many ways, but he is growing up before my eyes. I am so proud that he is my son.

We celebrated with Gibson's donuts this morning thanks to an early morning run by his sweet Daddy. Love Grayson's bedhead and sweet curls!

Such a sweet, sweet boy. We are so blessed!

Grayson is talking up a storm, and he can say most anything he wants. He also loves to sing songs like "Row, Row, Row your Boat" and "You are my Sunshine." He is still fairly laid back compared to the rest of us but like most two year olds he wears his heart on his sleeve. We do not have to guess what he is thinking or feeling because he shows or tell us! Grayson's smile is contagious, and he loves playing with Logan (who he calls Lo-Lo). He mimics everything Logan does. Logan is so sweet about looking out for him, too. I have started letting them play upstairs some by themselves for short periods of time, and Logan is always quick to tell me when Grayson needs to come downstairs or if he needs something. He and Logan have also started wrestling each other, and it stresses me out because I am afraid Grayson will get hurt! But, I guess boys will be boys, and Grayson is one tough little guy and not afraid to fight back. And sometimes it is Logan who comes out upset after their little wrestling matches!

For the longest time if you asked Grayson his name or showed him a picture of himself, he would say "Bab-e" (pronounced bab-e with short a), and Logan now often calls him "Bab-e" and Grayson just follows or does whatever Logan asks. More recently Grayson started saying his name is "Baby G." I have verified that he can actually say Grayson, but I guess he likes being the baby!

Grayson still loves Mickey Mouse (Mo-Mo), and his favorite thing to do is sit in my lap, suck his thumb, and watch Mo-Mo. If I do not sit down immediately when his show is on, he pats the chair or couch and says, "sit down, Mommy." Melts my heart! Grayson also gives the best tight hugs and kisses. He is the most loving child I have ever been around.

Books are definitely Grayson's favorite too, and he brings me a stack of 10 each night to read before bed. Luckily, they are all fairly short. He also still loves his right thumb, and he looks so sweet when he is sucking that thumb. I'm not sure how we will ever break him from it, though! 

Here are a few older pictures of Grayson. He is and was such a precious baby.

Grayson on his 1st birthday

Grayson as a newborn

Grayson's two year check-up is next week, but he is definitely still a big boy and tall for his age. He is such a joy to be around, and we are so blessed to have him in our family. Grayson's Mimi says that "everyone needs a Grayson" because he really makes every day better.

We love you so much, baby G!

No comments:

Post a Comment