Thursday, June 24, 2010

A little about us...

So... I decided to be a follower and create a blog to remember milestones in our lives as we are anticipating the birth of our first baby--- Logan James Tucker. He should be here sometime in the next three weeks (or less!).

A little about his parents... Brian and I met in January 2004, and we have been pretty much inseparable ever since. We were introduced by our good friends, Mitzi and Matt, and we officially met for the first time at the Windjammer! If you have never been to the Windjammer, it is a karaoke bar that looks like it fits better in a place like Bruceton rather than Memphis. It was and still is a popular hangout for college students.

I graduated from the University of Memphis in May of that year and went onto graduate school at UT Knoxville as planned for a Master's degree in College Student Personnel. Although this was difficult for our relationship, we knew it was the right thing to do. We figured if we could stay together in a long distance relationship over the next year, we would be able to make it.

Brian continued at Crichton College and graduated in May 2005 (he considers his 5 1/2 year progression to a Bachelor's degree as a sign of his "patience"- I call it something else!). Following his graduation, Brian moved to Knoxville and we became engaged on July 6, 2005. We married on June 3, 2006 and moved back to Memphis after I was offered a job at the U of M. Brian was fortunate to work with a company at the time that allowed him to move. We love our life in Memphis! We own a house in midtown Memphis that was built in the 1940s, and it has so much character and charm. I work at the University of Memphis, and Brian works for a small medical sales company. We are very fortunate to both enjoy what we do!

Brian and I attend Highpoint Church, and we have been so blessed by the wonderful people we have met and gotten to know in church over the last few years.

Now, we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our baby boy, Logan James Tucker. His due date is July 16th. We cannot wait to meet him and welcome him to the world!

Here are some pictures of us from one of our most memorial days so far--- our wedding day! The date was June 3, 2006. Even though it was only about four years ago, I think we look like babies. Not that we look old now- we just looked so young on our wedding day!











No comments:

Post a Comment