I woke up that morning and decided I would take a home pregnancy test that I had brought on the trip. It was a cheap one from Target. Brian was still asleep, so I thought I would try to find out if we would see one (not pregnant) or two (pregnant) lines! Well... it wasn't that easy. When I took the test the negative line was very prominent, but I could see a faint positive line. I woke Brian up to get his opinion, and he thought it was definitely negative. However, I was not convinced. I looked up some information online and read about "phantom" lines and false positives and was pretty sure it was negative. However, I had to know for sure since we were going to spend the day at Disneyland on roller coasters and other rides. If I was expecting, I couldn't put my baby at risk!
So, I sent Brian down to the gift shop to see if they sold home pregnancy tests. When he came back empty handed, I took our GPS and typed in pharmacies. The nearest CVS was about 1.5 miles from the hotel. Since we did not have a car, I convinced Brian that we could walk. After some disagreement, he finally gave in. We walked 1.5 miles to the pharmacy and bought the most expensive tests they sold because Brian did not want there to be any confusion- the digital ones that actually say the words "pregnant" or "not pregnant." We then walked 1.5 miles back toward the hotel.
Brian was not in a good mood after this 3 mile walk when he was convinced the test would be negative anyway. He started complaining that he is absolutely STARVING so we agreed to stop at a restaurant right outside of Disneyland's gate for breakfast--- Tiffy's Family Restaurant.

Little did we know that this would be the place where we would find out something that would change our lives forever. We walked into the restaurant, and I told Brian that I just could not wait until we got back to the hotel to find out the results of the test. So, I went to the restroom at the restaurant and learned in just a few short seconds (much sooner than three minutes) that I was "pregnant"- at least according to the test! I will never forget seeing those words prominently displayed on the test and realizing that they applied to me. I honestly could not believe it, and I could not wait to share the news with Brian. So, I replaced the cap on the test, cleaned it off, and wrapped it in a paper towel. I returned to our booth, and Brian looked at me like I was crazy when he saw what was in my hands. He thought I was still waiting on the results to happen and could not believe I had brought the test to the table (OK... maybe it was a little gross, but I just had to let him see it!). So, I sat down and showed him the test. He examined it, looked at me, and we both had tears in our eyes.
We were extremely thrilled to learn we were expecting our first baby! Needless to say, I did not get to enjoy all of the roller coasters and other attractions at Disneyland, but we still had a great time on the trip. Now, 8 months later, we know we are expecting a boy and cannot wait to meet him. Life just couldn't be better!
This is too cute Destin! I can't wait to follow the stories of the Memphis Tuckers! And I absolutely can't wait for Logan to be here!
ReplyDelete