Logan has been needing a haircut for a while now, and Brian finally talked me into cutting his sweet baby hair. We had several recommendations of places to take a 1 year old for his first haircut, and I should have taken them. Instead, I also needed a haircut, so I asked the receptionist at my upscale salon (Studio LaRue) if anyone there liked to do haircuts on babies. She said- sure! Christy likes to do them. So, yesterday Brian followed me to the salon where the plan was to get Logan's hair cut first, and then they would leave so I could get mine cut.
I did not really think it would be a big deal for him to get his hair cut. I had visions of Logan sitting my lap quietly while I read a book to him and he got his haircut.
However, after she tried to make the first cut, below is pretty much how the rest of the haircut went...
He did not like Ms. Christy coming near him with those scissors! The entire salon definitely heard his screams, and I was kind of wishing I did not have an appointment afterward and could just leave after Logan's haircut. However, he finally calmed down enough for her to trim the hair in the back and over his ears. It was certainly a sport-like event for Christy, and she was a trooper. And in the end, the books are what made him still enough to finish the job.
The finished product- he looks like such a big boy!
We will definitely be going to a more kid-friendly place for his next haircut!
It looks great! Poor thing didn't like those scissors cutting his pretty hair. :)
ReplyDelete